Sunday, December 25, 2011

Antarctica Anyone?

~A Drama Review~

Title: Nankyoku Tairiku ~Kami no Ryouiki ni Idomunda Otoko to Inu no Monogatari~ (Antarctica ~The Story of Dogs and Men Who Challenged the Field of God~)

No of Episodes: 10
Theme Song: Arano yori by Nakajima Miyuki

Cast:

Kimura Takuya as Kuramochi Takeshi
Ayase Haruka as Takaoka Miyuki
Sakai Masato as Himuro Haruhiko
Yamamoto Yusuke as Inuzuka Natsuo
Yoshizawa Hisashi as Yokomine Shinkichi
Okada Yoshinori as Funaki Ikuzo
Shiga Kotaro as Tani Kennosuke
Kawamura Yosuke as Arashiyama Hajime
Doronzu Ishimoto as Yamazato Manpei
Shibata Kyohei as Shirosaki Suguru
Kimura Tae as Furutachi Ayako
Ashida Mana as Furutachi Haruka
Inoue Mizuki as Furutachi Ryo
Kato Takako as Samejima Junko
Sakura as Yokomine Naomi
Ono Ito as Inuzuka Mitsuko
Yamamoto Gaku as Furutachi Tomohiro
Watase Tsunehiko as Kuramochi's father
Terajima Susumu as Samejima Naohito
Ogata Naoto as Utsumi Noriaki
Kagawa Teruyuki as Hoshino Eitaro
Nakama Yukie as Kuramochi Yukari
Sato Ryuta as Ando Michio

My Review: I really feel my tears rolled when I watched this drama. At first I didn't want to watch it but after watching the first episode to see whether I should watch it or not, it got me hooked. I am so amazed at the history of Japan Antarctica expedition especially about the dogs. Watching the dogs try to survive after being left behind was tear-jerking. I was brawling. The last episode was damn sad but I was glad to know that Jiro and Taro survived the year. Really really amazing. LOVE it. May buy the DVD if it's out.