Tuesday, September 23, 2014

W S S H school festival


As per last year we went to Waseda Shibuya Senior High School, Singapore Campus for their annual school festival. And as per last year, didn't get to go into their haunted house... SAD. However we did have a good time walking around the school, playing games, watched a butai and a video.

Woke up feeling a little groggy but because I promised to meet people on that day, I got up, dressed and went out. Ate breakfast and ride the 9.30 am train towards JE. It was a slow moving train and I was standing throughout the journey. Oh well... Reached JE, changed train and reached Clementi with a little time to spare so went to the ladies first.

Waited a while and the rest started arriving. Once we all are grouped up, we went to the bus stop. It was the wrong one so had to turn back and go over to the other side for the right one. Took the bus which was packed due to this event. It was a fast ride.

Went into the school, registered and started walking around. Wanted to go for haunted house but they said that it was gonna close for lunch so went into the mini games first. The queue was quite long but we had fun playing the game. It was a team game and betting was involved (OH WOW). We didn't really get much since we weren't really lucky. We are allowed to play 3 games but somehow we were lucky to have played 4 since the first game officer didn't sign on our note. The first game was kinda like horse betting. Not much fun here. The second game was like the pop-up game where you put in a knife one by one into the barrel to see if the person pops up or not. However here the rule is reversed. You win if he pops-up. The 3rd game is pin-ball. I saved the team! The last game was roulette. Too bad we lost. Overall we only received a small candy. Oh well...

After the mini games, we went to check out the haunted house queue but couldn't join in. So we went down to the second floor. Grab an advance ticket to watch a show and started queuing up for another one. This one is a stage performance from the class. It's valentine's day special. Typical story line but it was enjoyable and the students were great.

Since there was still time before the next show, we went for more mini games. The game is played individually. Played the daruma thingy but got nothing. My luck draw was not too good. My dice throw was bad. My ring toss was terrible. Had a little luck with the blindfolded game where I had to put the parts of a face together. The pick-up ball from the tub of water was quite OK too. But overall I failed. Only got a candy.

And so after that went to the video showing. It was interesting but I got lost in the first part. Once I got what they wanted to do and what they were trying to explain, I was amazed. It's tough to do what they did and I really wonder how many times they actually practice or video-ed it. It takes patience.

After that we went to the science lab for slime making. YEAH, got a souvenir to bring home. It was fun playing with chemicals. It's really been a long time since I had any lab work done. Love this and really miss lab work.

Decided to leave after that since a lot of the queues were damn long. Went for lunch at swensen's at Clementi Mall. Had a good lunch and went home after that. It was a SUNDAY well spent.

And next year we shall do it again.