Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Japan Trip Dec 2016
Tokyo Trip 2016
30th Nov - 10th Dec
Day 0-1
Wednesday 30th Nov - Thursday 1st Dec
IKEBUKURO
Since our flight was at night we slacked in the morning. Did last minute checking just to make sure we have what we need for the trip. Cooked maggi for lunch and got ready for the journey to the airport. We ate dinner over there. Must eat fast food first before a flight. It was our first time on ANA and I must say it's nice. However why must the halal food be so spicy. But at least there wasn't any issues with the food request.
Even though I wasn't so comfortable throughout the flight, survived and landed. Freshen up a bit and went to get the limo bus ticket to our hotel. I slept throughout the journey I think. Once at the hotel, left our baggage at the baggage counter and went on to our shopping spree.
We went to find Family mart/lawson to buy our tickets to animate cafe, final fantasy cafe and lisOeuf party concert ticket. We couldn't buy tickets to rookiez is punkd live. So sad. Once our tickets are in hand we went over to Animate, J world and Namja Town. In J world and Namja town we did nothing but eat since I wanted some of the goodies that came with them. Love Japan and all these stuff. But my sis wasn't really feeling well so after going for the animate cafe (Show by Rock theme) we went back to the hotel to rest.
On this day since there was a stamp collection for AICHU Card at Karatetsujin, I started collecting by buying drinks. Each drink came with a random coaster but to get the AICHU card, we have to collect 3 stamps from the 3 different shops in Ikebukuro. There was also another stamp collection for Haikyu. But this one doesn't need to be from different shop, just as long as I get 5 stamps I get the Haikyu card. Completed the collection during the trip and got both collectable cards.
Day 2
Friday 2nd Dec
ENOSHIMA
This day was a good work out day. Didn't know I could climb so much stairs in my life.
Since Enoshima is a bit out of Tokyo, it was a long journey so woke up really early. Got on the train and headed to Enoshima. Needed to go to the ladies after such a long ride. But the toilet was a really old type one. Looks a bit creepy too but no choice, we just go and did what need to. Then we started our walk to the Island. Along the bridge we took pictures since we could really see Mt Fuji so clearly on this day. Many people were also taking pictures of the magnificient view. Once at the island we started our walk. It starts with a climb. Then we took the escalator up since we bought a special pass. Once at the top it was a splendid view. We went up the little tower there and enjoyed our time taking pictures of the view especially of Mt Fuji since it's a rare opportunity to be able to see that mountain.
We took a break to have some warm waffles but the filling is cold. HAHAHA. How to warm up? But it was damn nice and the guy at the shop was good looking. ;p
Once we are energised we started to walk towards the cave on the other end of the island. It was a long walk and there were many stairs. Go up and down and up again till we reach our destination. But it was so cooling in the cave. We met an Indian son and father team who mistook us as Japanese and spoke to us in the little Jap that they know. When we replied in English and they were impressed we told them we were from Singapore. Then we started talking a bit more in English about a few things (that I can't remember). We separated ways and adventure through the cave a bit more.
After the cave adventure we dread the walk back to the entrance of the island. The stairs are waiting for us. I am really out of shape for this walk but tried my best to get back to the starting point. My sis was also struggling and we took more breaks. We even sat down at a shop to grab a bite. We managed to get to the entrance and went to the aquarium where we had a good time. Managed to catch a seal and dolphin show and enjoyed the sunset. It was a nice sunset view. Retired back to the hotel tired but with a good experience.
Day 3
Saturday 3rd Dec
YOKOHAMA - MSSP LIVE
We went to the sweets forest for some dessert and ate quite a bit of them. Went to a shop called Quolofune and bought some snacks there. The dorayaki was supposed to be damn nice. Not an expert on dorayaki so can't really tell. It was nice to eat.
We went to the concert area to see whether we get the tickets to the concert and buy goods. But it was only open to those with tickets so we waited around and stuff. My sis went to ask how to get the tickets at the door and was told to come back later nearer the door open timing to get the tickets. So we went back to the shopping center to slack. But somehow I felt ill and so sick that I couldn't do much. So tried finding a drug store to get some medicine. It worked ok and managed to get through the concert. My sis definitely enjoyed her time there since it's her dream to attend their concert. For me I was just glad that TERUKI from AN-CAFE was their support drummer. I was enjoying his drumming throughout the whole LIVE. But I did enjy their game play.
Went back after concert and totally hit the bed. Didn't do much other than taking a bath, eat medicine and sleep. Totally feel so sick.
Day 4
Sunday 4th Dec
Doujin Event & ODAIBA
Can't remember the place the event was held but it was a small one and most of them who were there came for YURI ON ICE. I followed my sis to the booth she die die wanna get a copy of the DJ from. I was more on the casual side and just went to see what they had at the site. But even though I was on a casual walk I bought quite a number of DJs. So typical of me. Haiz. On this day we specially brought our ITA bag along on the trip. It was nice to have a ITA bag to show our conviction to the title we love. I brought my HAIKYU one and I heard someone said so cute about a keychain that I have. Must be one of the keychain I bought from the SG Doujin Market.
Then after being satisfied on our shopping we went off to Odaiba. It was the last chance to see the GUNDAM since it was going to be brought down. And since we are at Odaiba we can't miss the Takoyaki musuem and went to have all we want. The rest are shopping.
Day 5
Monday 5th Dec
AKIHABARA
Went for 2 CAFEs on this day. The first Cafe we went to is the Final Fantasy Cafe and we were really eating a lot. So got quite a collection of coasters. The place was damn nice and they even played a game with us but as usual our luck is damn bad. So just enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.
Then we went on a shopping spree and my poor wallet. But cannot have regrets so it was a good investment.
Then after all the shopping went for the other Cafe, Otomate Cafe. If only there were male staffs then maybe it would be a more OTOME experience but it was Ok. Enjoyed our time there and got some nice coasters and table mat.
Then it was back to the hotel to see how much I have left. T_T
Day 6
Tuesday 6th Dec
TOKYO DOME CITY - LISOEUF PARTY
This day was nothing much going on other that the fact that I spent money yet again. The main event for the day was the LisOuef party. Pretty much it was a good concert with the humour and the different stages but it was not satisfying for me. It was a sad and frustrating day for me. I went back to the hotel moody. But I have to admit that it was a snow ball of a few other things going on that made me that way.
The concert parts that I enjoyed and wished that they had performed longer were Penguin Research, Kenji Nojima, Naozumi Takahashi and Screen Mode. Especially Screen Mode since that was why I was there in the first place. They were the last act but they didn't even get as much air time. So sad. The special stage that I really enjoyed was the Nojima Bar with Screen Mode and Naozumi Takahashi. But overall just glad that I get to see them perform right in front of me LIVE.
Day 7
Wednesday 7th Dec
SHINJUKU & SHIBUYA
I can say nothing much took place other than shopping. But since there were construction and all at Shibuya we kinda got lost since there were new buildings that I don't recognise and old ones covered up. PARCO was under construction too. But was glad that Mandarake and Animate was intact. Will cry if those two shops are not there anymore.
The new Shinjuku south Exit building is up and running and it look really stunning. We didn't really explore much of the building, only went in to borrow the ladies. Maybe the next time we go there will explore a bit more but it looks like an expensve place to shop but that's Shinjuku, an expensive place.
Day 8
Thursday 8th Dec
STUDIO GHIBLI & ASAKUSA
This day started off with Studio Ghibli and it was an awesome experience. The place didn't allow us to take pictures so we only have pics of the outside area. Manange to sit at a make shift neko bus seat. So nice and fluffy. Because it was not cheap and it was not easy to get to the studio, spent a long time there. We even bought some souvenirs and ate the ice-cream there in the cold. A lot of the display were from the production of the film and stuffs from the movies. It was really nice and it made me want to watch their movies again. But there is a limit to doing nothing in there so we went off to get some lunch.
Since we were really hungry we went all the way to Asakusa to get some halal ramen. There were met saw some other muslim tourist, mainly from Malaysia I think. While we were eating we were listening to the conversation the owner had with one other customer. Really interesting conversation and it feels kinda nice to hear Malay being spoken. I think I have not spoken it much over the last few years. Kinda feel sad about it. Must speak it more.
Then we head back to Ikebukuro. While waiting for Animate Cafe (Haikyu theme) we kinda knew that Miyu Irino will be at the stage at Sunshine City so we went to see if we can catch a glimpse of him. But the 2nd floor and 3rd floor was full so just went my sis was going to give up, we went to the 1st floor and joined in the crowd there. It was a squeeze but we managed to catch his performance LIVE. So happy to be able to see him perform right in front of me even though I had to tip toe throughout the whole thing to see him.
Then after his performance we went to the Cafe, glad that it was good timing. We thought we had to leave before his performance ended but it was really good timing. His performance ended and we quickly headed over to the Cafe. At the Cafe we ate and got some nice coasters. There was someone who was looking for a coaster that I happen to have 2 of. So I went up to her and exchange it with one that I dun have. She was so happy about it. It's good to make someone happy. But it was really my first time interacting with someone like that and I dun think she even notice that I was a foreigner.
Day 9
Friday 9th Dec
AKIHABARA & IKEBUKURO
A free day to do some last minute shopping. Went to Animax Cafe (dream fest collaboration). This one is for my sis since she loves them so much. So had a good food time there and went over to finish some shopping.
And since we have some time we went to get some department store basement cakes. It was damn nice. Maybe it was just us being hungry but the deco on the cake are so pretty.
That night pack our bags and rested early.
Day 10
Saturday 10th Dec
SINGAPORE
Yup flight back to SG. Packed and check out. Took the bus to the airport and slacked there after check in but damn the check out counter clerk was a jerk. First the counter had a long queue so he opened another counter for us. He must have thought that it would be a fast one but apparently one of our bags was too heavy and he ask us to repack. Since we didn't put the bags accordingly to our passport I thought it was mine but it was my sis'. We wanted to repack there but he told us to pack it somewhere else and come back later. Like what we already check in one bag so why can't he allow us to repack there. It would be very fast since we only need to take out one item to put into our duffle bag but no. He told us to leave the counter. So we left. Then he stopped us and told us that we can only have one carry on bag. Like what again. One bag is a proper bag but the other is just a shopping tote bag. So we told him ok, we know and he was like lecturing us on the rules and by then my sis was totally pissed. Then I asked him, so how you want us to pack into the luggage too? He said no need and to just remember the next time. So we left to repack. Pissed and all, my sis repack. I helped her and we went back to the counter. This time that guy was gone. We check in and this time it went on smoothly and this other clerk didn't say anything to us about our shopping tote bag. It was such a bad experience at the counter. So the next trip we shall weight our bags first before heading to the check in counter. Don't want a repeat of it.
Well on to the next trip. Hope it will be a good one.