Monday, September 22, 2008

Part Twenty-One

Mikomi is walking to school when she bumps into Akira near the school gate. They smile at each other. Not too far behind them is Satsuki. He sighs.

Mikomi: Akira.

Akira: Yes?

Mikomi: Can you meet me at the roof top during lunch?

Akira: (flush) Eh?

Mikomi: Can you?

Akira: Of course. I will see you there during lunch.

Mikomi: Thank you.

Later during lunch, the boys except Akira went to the girls’ classroom. Satsuki notice that Mikomi isn’t there in the class. However before he can ask about her whereabout, Ryu spoke up.

Ryu: I think I see the reason for Akira not being here.

Tsumetashi: Those two have eloped off somewhere.

Suzu: Roof top actually. Mikomi-chan made some lunch for Akira to try. I think Akira will get a pleasant surprise. (giggle)

Ryu: Why? Is her cooking bad?

Suzu: No. It’s her little crazy ideas. The last time she made something for us, she hid notes in each rice ball. I almost chocked on one.

Ryu: Ah. I think that’s how she will confess to Akira. Ah… So romantic.

Mahou: If that’s true, we would feel happy for her. She really needs someone like Akira in her life. It will light up her life.

Suteki: I agree. She should get serious with Akira.

Satsuki: Shouldn’t we let her decide on her own?

Suteki: I didn’t say we should force her. Of course she has the rights to deicide. However we just think that she shouldn’t waste her opportunity. Akira is serious right?

Tsumetashi: As serious as he can get. He talks about nothing but Mikomi.

Satsuki: Well he will mellow it down soon.

Ryu: I don’t think so.

Suzu: Why don’t we all go out together this Sunday? We can gauge how close those two are by seeing how they react to each other.

Suteki: Great idea. Let’s go to the amusement park.

Mahou: Agreed.

Meanwhile on the roof top, Akira is in bliss thanks to Mikomi’s lunch. Mikomi smiles in happiness.

Mikomi: I’m glad you like it.

Akira: I love it. It’s the best meal I have ever had.

Mikomi: Thanks. I can make it for you everyday if you want me to.

Akira: Will you?

Mikomi: I don’t mind.

Akira: No. No. It will be too troublesome for you. Having this one lunch set is happy enough for me.

Mikomi: Please. I would like to make lunch for you.

Akira: In that case I won’t stand on ceremony.

Mikomi: Ok. (notices something) Ah. There’s rice on the side of your face.

Akira: Huh? Where? (tries to find the rice using his fingers but can’t)

Mikomi: Let me help.

Mikomi leans in nearer to Akira to help him remove the rice. By the time the rice is gone; their faces are inches from each other. They both blush but couldn’t pull away. Akira reacts first by placing a kiss on Mikomi’s lips. Seeing Mikomi shocked but not angry or displeased, Akira went for a longer kiss. After the kiss both of them are flushed but are smiling happily to each other.

Akira: Was that your first?

Mikomi: No. I got my first when I was younger. (giggle) From my brother’s friend who is like a second brother to me. There is a story to it.

Akira: Really? Tell me about it.

Mikomi: Sure.