Monday, October 09, 2017
Events that I went for this year (up to Sept)
Doujin Market
A busy and crowded event but have good items. The sellers are great artists and the quality is good. Some of them are even from overseas so some items can be considered rare. But as usual when the crowd gets too overwhelming the place gets too crowded and we end up not being able to move anywhere an incident took place. But really, it was not intentional. We were stuck but somehow we got pushed around and there was this guy in front of us who was not happy about the situation. We weren't too but he was getting a bit unhappy. Maybe because we were talking non stop behind him and since we were shuffling around he got irritated and I seriously wasn't pushing but he angrily scolded me to stop pushing. I apologize and we all moved on. I just prayed that I won't bump into him any more. But overall I got what I wanted and we all went for a good lunch.
Naruto the Stage
Glad that they brought it to Singapore and I was able to watch it without needing to go to Japan. Managed to get good seats too but was regretful that I didn't get the side seats as the cast went down and high-touch audience at the end of the show. But nonetheless it was awesome and I wish I could go see more of such shows.
P.S Even though I dragged my sis to it, she was more excited about it. Not because of the story but because of the stage actors. Wish I made her pay for her own tix.
Creative Market
Nothing much at the market, just got a manga and illustration from my fav artist and went off. It's a smaller scale market to show case local talents. So just dropped by to give support to my fav local artist. Must do something to show that we love them and want them to grow big.
Cinnamonroll Cafe, collaboration with Kumoya
So so glad that there are collaboration cafe that is serving halal food. Kumoya is the best and the first one that we went for is the cinnamonroll cafe. It was awesome as we got there minutes before it opened so we were the first ones in. The collaboration have been going on for a while so there weren't many people there. So we sat down and took pictures and eat what we wanted. It was good and filling.
Family Day at USS (night)
Dad was asking whether we wanted to go. We said yes because the tix is cheap and it was the only time that we can enter USS at night (since we do not want to go for horror night). Too many people around but managed to get dinner and ride some rides. Been a while since I last went on mummy and I realised how weak I am. But still did fine. This time there were fireworks display and we managed to catch that. It was a wonderful sight. All in all, it was a good night.
Miffy Cafe, collaboration with Kumoya
Another collaboration but this time we went on the first weekend it opened. Had to stand in line for an hour before getting a seat to enjoy the cafe deco and food. But because there were too many things to try I think I might be going for it another time, maybe after a month of the collaboration. Good food must be eaten more than once.