Thursday, January 18, 2018

December 2017 Japan Trip


Day One: Wednesday 6th 
SHINJUKU

The flight is so early in the morning that we had to wake up at 2 am and I really felt that I didn't really sleep that night. Too excited maybe or was anxious about the flying. Went out at 3.15 am, but once we reached the airport the sky train was not working so had to go back to the carpark put the luggage back into the car and my younger bro drove us to the drop off point at T1. Then I had no idea where he went. We went in to the airport and found my younger sis' friends who were already there waiting for us. Yup this time we went with her friends.

We went to check in and as usual, if you are flying on delta, the security is tight. Once we are safely boarded on the plane we flew off safely. We were not seated together. I sat with one of her friends while she sat with her other friend. On the plane I tried my best to stay awake. I watched 'One Week Friend' and I cried. Then I watched a horror movie, 'Annabelle, the creation' and I was awake the whole time, trying not to scream or I will wake up the whole plane. So I could only jitter around in my seat. Then While I was watching the Peanuts Movie, I kinda miss things here and there as I was getting really really sleepy. Breakfast was ok, able to swallow it.

Once we land, freshen up, got our luggage and went to exchange tix for limo bus and metro pass. Then got on the limo bus and head on to Shinjuku, straight for the hotel. While in the bus was trying to get the portable WIFI to work but it was so slow that we were suspecting that it was not working well. My sis was already so upset it with that she was about to give up having a good portable WIFI and get a SIM card. But guess what, after the upset, the WIFI worked. What a relief.

Once we reached the hotel, we check in and freshen up a bit. Then went out for shopping around Shinjuku area. We headed straight for the Animate Cafe which was having Dance with Devil Collaboration. Had a nice warm tea and some cake. Then we went to the station to get the Hakone Pass but we made a mistake with it. Not sure what made me looked at the pass so hard but lucky I spotted the mistake. So we went to the counter which we were glad was still open. So we change the pass for the correct one and once we were relief we went shopping at Animate.



Day Two: Thursday 7th 
Hakone

Woke up at 4am. Since we wanted more time for sight-seeing in Hakone, we took one of the earlier train to Hakone. We dragged our luggage from the hotel to the station in the cold and my stomach was reacting badly. Since I couldn't find a toilet at the station, had to queue for the toilet in the Romance Car Train. But was glad that there is a huge toilet in the train and it was comfortable. The rest of the trip to Hakone was nice. It was once we reached Hakone that it got bad.

Got out of the Station and went to find the bus stop that will take us to the hotel. I did my research and knew where to drop but once we drop we couldn't really find the sign for the hotel. So we end up walking in circles and had to get help from someone from the yunessun to guide us in the right direction. Didn't want to blame anyone for this but I guess I should have been more assertive and say what I had my guts on. That the hotel was the one that is right in front of us. GOMEN MINNA.

With the mood a little down, went to put our bags at the counter and then head out for sight-seeing. Took the bus to Lake Ashi, took pictures and then went to take the cruise to the other side of the lake. Was supposed to be able to see Mount Fuji but the fog made it not visible. Praying that we will be able to see it later, we move on to take the ropeway to Owakudani. The smell of Sulphur is strong but was bearable. Bought the famous eggs that was cooked in the onsen and made the shell black, BLACK EGGS. Before we departed, I walked around and it was at that instant that I saw Mount Fuji. It was AWESOME. If I didn't walk around, we would definitely have missed it. After taking photos, we took the ropeway for the end point and then transfer to the Cable Car where we went to Gora Park. It was a nice park but because nothing much is blooming; it was pretty brown. Sat down to eat ROSE ICECREAM. It was maybe just bandung flavour. HAHA. After that we walked all the way to Gora Station and took the Train from there to reach Hakone Open Air Museum where we spent the rest of the time admiring the art works, some of which I have no idea what it was.

After what I felt a good tour of Hakone, we went back to Hakone Yumoto Station to shop before heading back to the hotel to rest.



Day Three: Friday 8th
Ikebukuro

Woke up at 5.30 am to catch the bus to the station and the train to Shinjuku. Took the Romance Car Train again. The ride back was peaceful. Once we reached Shinjuku had to change train line and headed to Ikebukuro. Went to the hotel first to drop off our bags. Then headed to Namja town for the collaboration with Side M. This is what I was there for. SIDE M. A girl came to exchange a standee strap because she had 4 of the same one but I have not bought any goods yet so I told her maybe later. Then because she was already leaving, she offered it to me, just like that. I wished my brain didn't freeze then and had offer to pay her for the standee but I could only accept it and say thank you. Silly me.

Then went to the Disney store to get tix to Disneyland. Manage to secure our entrance to Disneyland and then headed to shop around. We were to separate so tried our luck in going back to the hotel to check in but the rooms were not ready and that is where we had so issues and trouble. Had a lot of complaints about this but shall not rant about it here. So we had to settle coming back later to check in. So We separated and went shopping. W

First thing is the Animate Cafe that had a DreamFest collaboration. Had drinks very quickly then head over to Marui. Had stomach trouble on the way so we were glad to have reached Marui on time to relief ourselves. Then we continued to Animate to shop. Then it started raining so we headed over to Princess Cafe for the collaboration with Ballroom. There was also StarRevo but since there were so many people there, decided to just buy the goods for StarRevo and enjoy the Ballroom drinks and food. Then went to K-books and Rashinbang.

After shopping, went to check in then went back down to buy some food to eat. Back in hotel, rested fully.



Day Four: Saturday 9th
Ikebukuro & Asakusa

Was supposed to go for events on this day but tickets to the events were both sold out even before we arrived in Japan so had to change our plans. Thus we were able to wake up later. We stayed in Ikebukuro while my sis' friends went to Puroland. So made use of the time to go for another Cafe collaboration, this time is Dyamic Chord. Then head over to shop for more goods before heading back to the hotel to put our stuffs down. Since it's a Saturday and there was a cosplay event in the park next to Sunshine City, Ikebukuro was packed and busy. It was crowded. Then head over to the Animate Cafe for Fate Stay collaboration. Then off to Asakusa for a night feel of the place. Went to eat halal ramen and bought some rice crackers snacks before calling it a day.



Day Five: Sunday 10th
Harajuku & Shibuya

Woke up at 6 am since shops don't open so early but because we are trying to get into Johnny's Shop, went out early. Reached there thinking that we might need a ticket for a later timing but we just had to join the queue and wait. The queue was long but the wait wasn't. Managed to get in and get our photos quite fast. However, I think there were some mix up with the numbers so we got pics that we didn't want but luckily those were nice.

Then we headed to the pop up store for Tsukipro but it was ticket only so we couldn't go in but they said we could come back later. I didn't but my sis' friends did, later that day when we went our separate ways. So we went to the famous dori and walked the whole length. Didn't buy anything there and move on to Shibuya where my wallet was in pain.

Then because the usual crepe shop was having a discount, the queue was long and there was no place to rest so instead we went into the curry shop, a halal Indian curry shop. We rest there and then went back to Ikebukuro. Rested in the hotel until it was time to go our Animate Cafe collaboration with Hozuki. Ate dinner there and went back to the hotel to rest. 



Day Six: Monday 11th
Disneyland

Woke up at 5 am since theme parks are usually very crowded. Took the train and arrived at the theme park. There was a bag check but we are used to it here in SG. So then went in and headed straight to find the monster Inc. fast pass. Got lost a bit but hey, it's our first time there. Got our fast pass and then queued for the Star Tours. (From here on my memory is a bit fussy so the order might not be right.) Then head over to stitch before going to the other smaller rides in Fantasyland. Then head back for the Monster Inc. Then back to the Fantasyland for Winnie the Pooh and other smaller attractions. In between I think we went to get the Thunder Mountain fast pass. Then went for cruises and explorations and other rides. Applied for another fast pass, Buzz light year. Other than the rides, we watched Parades and the night illumination show. Ate ice-cream and bread while waiting for rides and parades. The last ride was the Thunder Mountain and it was already dark then and it was scary yet fun. The fireworks were cancelled, so sad. So we went to the shops to do a last minute shopping before heading on back to the hotel. It was very cold on this day.



Day Seven: Tuesday 12th
Odaiba & Akihabara

Woke up late at 7.30 am since shops don't open so early. Headed down to Odaiba to see the new Gundam. There was a stamp rally for Gundam so did that and bought a GUNDAM set for my bro, who have yet to pay me for it. Didn't really walk much around Odaiba since my main aim was to see the GUNDAM and its transformation.

So went to Akihabara to shop. Didn't have much to buy since bought most of it at Ikebukuro and Shibuya already. So was browsing the shops really fast and didn't bother with the baskets of goods at Rashinbang. Was really just digging in to see if I am lucky to pull out good stuffs. So we had to separate from my sis' friends who were digging those baskets to go to other shops around the area. Glad to cover the shops that I wanted to cover with no regrets. Then we walked to find the train station to head on back to the hotel.   



Day Eight: Wednesday 13th
Singapore

Since our flight is in the afternoon, leisurely woke up and laze around till it’s time to check out. Got out and went to check out. Took the limo bus to the airport and after checking that our bags' weight is ok for check in, went to check in. After check in, went to have lunch. Had Udon with hot broth. Needed that. Then we went to the open observation deck to kill a bit of time. Once it's time we went through custom and headed to the gate. Bought goodies at the airport as usual. Then it was off back to SG.

In the plane, I watched Gintama, 4 gatsu wa kimi no uso and maybe another movie or not. I was too sleepy to even remember anything after 4 gatsu. Dinner was ok. Then before we landed they gave us a banana but didn't eat it then as I was trying to get some rest. I was awoken by them trying to stuff the banana into the pocket in the seat in front of me.

Once we land, almost forgot to return the portable WIFI. Then my bro sent us home.