Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Story One Part two

Scene: Hospital



Mikomi is standing outside the emergency room pacing up and down. Ashita and Yuto come to her side and they all look at each other with worry. The three of them are so restless. Not too long later, most of their parents’ relatives arrive. They are all worried and try to comfort the three siblings. Ashita and Yuto are in tears. Mikomi tries to be strong for them but when Smith came she too broke down in tears.


Smith: It’s ok to cry Mikomi. You don’t have to be strong at this point of time. I will be the pillar for you as I have always been for the past 20 years. I will protect Ashita and Yuto too.


Mikomi: Thank you, otou-chan. (papa)


After a long surgery, the doctor comes out and looks at the crowd. Smith goes up to him. The doctor shakes his head in sadness. He places a hand on Smith’s shoulder and apologises. Mikomi, Ashita and Yuto couldn’t believe the doctor. They ran up to him asking him to tell them that it’s not true, that their parents are still alive. Smith holds them tight together and let the doctor go.


Smith: They are gone but they still live in you. You got to live on for them.


Yuto runs off. A relative runs after him. Ashita too goes off in the opposite direction. Another relative runs after her. Mikomi cries in Smith arms.


Mikomi: This isn’t the time to say that to them. They wouldn’t understand. However I didn’t too.


Smith: Mi-chan.


Mikomi: (looks at Smith) I grew up without any parents and when I finally have them, I can’t live with them long enough to cancel my lonely years of growing up. 何で?(why)


Smith: Mi-chan. ごめん。ほんとにごめん。(sorry, really sorry)