Akano: Well did Suzu tell you why she fell for him?
Mikomi: She did. You wanna know?
Inochi: Spill it.
Mikomi: Well, Satsuki-san helped her with her chores during the summer vacation when she feels too tired to continue. Satsuki-san also helped her with her basketball once they got back in school. And from the looks of it things are going smoothly for her. Satsuki-san is interacting with her with a smile on his face. I lost the battle before even drawing my sword.
Inochi: Well I guess there is no point in pursuing him.
Mikomi: You’re right. I should just give up and forget about it.
Akano: How about that other guy you were with during summer vacation?
Mikomi: Akira-san?
Akano: Yeah. Is he close to you?
Mikomi: Not really. He comes to the library often but he only comes in for a while before disappearing.
Akano: Now that’s weird. Have you ever asked him why?
Mikomi: Not really cause most of the time I’m not even there.
Inochi: Then how do you even know he came and left?
Mikomi: Kurei-sensei told me. Since he knows that I know Akira-san.
Inochi: So this has been going on for almost half a year right?
Mikomi: Yeah but during exams he wasn’t around. And recently too. But I guess I can roughly tell why he was at the library during that time. Because right now there is this sempai that is in love with the head librarian and he breaks the library window just to get in trouble and do the punishment during the head librarian duty week. It’s so romantic. They are together now. It’s official and I am so happy for them. Now I do not need to clean up glasses any more.
Inochi: So you think Akira was also like that sempai and because he got the girl he stops coming to the library? Who is the lucky girl? The vice head librarian?
Mikomi: From the info I got from the others, Akira-san isn’t attached to anyone. Guess his wish didn’t come true compared to the sempai. But I didn’t find out who the girl is.
Inochi: Oh well. Guess it’s just your calling to be like me.
Mikomi: Eh?
Inochi: Time to study for the university you desire.
Mikomi: (smiles) Might as well since there is nothing else to do.
Akano: I will tutor you as well so that Inochi won’t be able to bully you.
Mikomi: Thank you Akano-nii.
Inochi: Oi oi. Who says I will bully my own sis?
Back in school, everyone is preparing for the up coming trip. The girls and I are doing a research on
Suzu:
Suteki: But Suzu-chan, third years are not going to
Suzu: Eh?
Mahou: Poor Suzu-chan. Satsuki-san won’t be around for her to have her romance with. (laughs)
Suzu: It’s okay. My bond with Satsuki-sempai is so strong he will be thinking of me everyday. Bet he will email me everyday while we are on our trip. (sighs happily) I can’t wait for us to be together.
Suteki: Mi-chan, how bout you?
Mikomi: There is no one to think about. I’m happy being single. It helps me concentrate on studies.
Suzu: That’s not right Mi-chan. We are in our youth, we need romance. At least I bet there is someone you have a crush on. Akira-san?
Mikomi: Why Akira-san?
Suzu: Well the two of you got along well during last year summer vacation. Remember all the times you two joked and laughed happily together?
Mikomi: It was the same with you and Satsuki-san. We were all getting along well.
Suzu: But it was different with you and Akira-san.
Suteki: Really? Mi-chan why didn’t you tell us about you and Akira?
Mikomi: But there really isn’t anything between us.
Suzu: Well then make something out of it.
Mikomi: Eh?
Mahou: Alright. It’s decided then. We will make Akira-san and Mi-chan closer this
Mikomi: Eh?
What did I just land up in? Akira-san is a nice guy and all but I think he likes someone else. If that’s the case then wouldn’t he hate the idea of being force to be close to me? I don’t think I should hurt his feelings like that. Besides he helped me a lot during the summer vacation. I can’t possibly repay his kindness with this kind of act. Right, I won’t listen to the girls. Besides I am just friends with Akira-san.
After school, the guys are hanging out at Yuki’s residence.
Satsuki: I wish to go with you guys but as a senior I will be going to
Tsumetashi:
Satsuki: Yeah you too.
Ryu: Don’t you guys get it? He wishes to go to
Akira: Eh? Really? Who?
Tsumetashi: The girl he has been hanging out with all these while, Suzu Tachibana.
Akira: Wow.
Satsuki: It’s not like that at all.
Ryu: Yeah keep telling yourself that. The girl is all over you and you are the same. I have seen how the two of you act around each other. Oh so loving. Even me and Mahou aren’t that loving.
Satsuki: It’s really not like that at all.
Tsumetashi: (laughs) Don’t worry aniki. I will make sure to keep an eye on her and report if she is been targeted by other guys. But I think she won’t be persuaded by them. You are a good choice for her.
Akira: (laughs) Satsuki is a good choice? I don’t know why she would love him anyway.
Ryu and Tsumetashi laughs along with Akira.
Akira: Putting that aside, I really need help with my romance problem.
Tsumetashi: Oh with Mikomi-san right?
Ryu: You have been after her ever since after the summer vacation but you never did make your move. You even told us not to inform the girls about it.
Satsuki: Don’t you think you should give up? You are no where close to her than back then.
Akira: That’s why during this trip I am going to get closer to her. First and foremost I need to get her number and email.
Satsuki: You still haven’t gotten that yet?
Akira: Nope I got it already.
Satsuki: Eh? How?
Akira: Haha. I got my ways.
Satsuki: Did you get it directly from her or from other sources.
Akira: Excuse me but I don’t do those kind of stuffs. I got her number from her directly.
Tsumetashi: But I bet you have not contacted her since you got it.
Akira: Eh… (laughs in embarrassment) I have not. The last time I talked to her was before the kendo tournament.
FLASHBACK
Mikomi is walking along the hallway and about to turn the corner when someone bumps into her. She fell and instantly a hand is held out in front of her. She took it and the person helps her up.
Akira: I’m so sorry, Mikomi-san.
Mikomi: It’s okay. I’m not hurt. It was just a fall.
Akira: I am rushing to practice and didn’t look where I was running.
Mikomi: The tournament is coming up right? That’s why you are doing more practice.
Akira: Yeah. I am one of the ten participants taking part.
Mikomi: (smiles) That’s nice to hear. I wish you all the best. Try not to get injured okay.
Akira: (blushes) Thanks.
END OF FLASHBACK
Tsumetashi: Well at least she is well informed of the activities the school has.
Ryu: There is chance for you after all.
Satsuki: So did you tell her the results of the competition?
Akira: (blushes) Yeah. I email her telling her I won the competition and she reply with a cute message congratulating me. You guys wanna see it? I saved it.
Tsumetashi & Ryu: Show it to us.
Akira took out his phone and showed it to the guys.
Tsumetashi & Ryu: Got chance. Go for it.
Satsuki: It’s just a cute message.