On Sunday, Mikomi got up early just so that she can prepare a lunch box for herself and Akira. Inochi woke up just in time to see a messy Mikomi.
Inochi: What did you do to yourself?
Mikomi: To make a guy smile is through his stomach. I just finished my creation for Akira.
Inochi: Well let’s hope his stomach doesn’t suffer.
Mikomi: Have I ever made anyone’s stomach suffer? I am a good cook, you know.
Inochi: It’s true that you can cook but I really hope you can be neater like how you are with other things.
Mikomi: I’m working on it.
Inochi: Well I hope you will enjoy the day out with Akira. However do be careful around Satsuki.
Mikomi: Thanks. I will.
~~~
The gang enjoyed the morning with a ride on the roller-coaster, the Viking, the log ride and the Straight Descend. They then stop for lunch under the shade of a big tree. It seems that the girls brought lunch boxes for the guys. The guys seem impressed.
Akira: In the end it’s not a big surprise.
Mikomi: At least it’s something. However I assure you that it will taste better than the others.
Suteki, Mahou and Suzu: Eh… We heard that.
Mikomi: Joking.
Ryu: Let’s go to the haunted house next.
Tsumetashi: I agree on that.
Suteki: Eh? I don’t want to.
Tsumetashi: Don’t worry. I will be there for you.
Akira: Let’s go!
In the haunted house, it’s so dark that it’s hard to see. After a few scares and running off in different directions, they got separated into four.
Ryu: I can’t believe you drag me?
Suteki: I can’t believe it either but it was so scary that I didn’t really see who I was grabbing.
Ryu: Well at least I know Tsumetashi is the kind of guy who forgives easily.
Suteki then saw a headless ghost moving towards them from behind. She screams and runs off. Ryu had to chase after her.
~~~
Tsumetashi: I hope Suteki is alright.
Mahou: I hope so too. She is afraid of ghosts, even fake ones scares her. It’s your fault for saying you will be there for her. Now see what happened.
Tsumetashi: Who knew she would flip like that and runs off with Ryu.
Mahou: She’s in a panic. It’s not like she meant to do it.
Tsumetashi: I know. Say, Mahou, why aren’t you scared?
Mahou: This is all child’s play. When I was younger I was actually afraid of haunted houses. However, after I accidentally rip off the worker’s mask and found out that it was fake, it couldn’t scare me anymore.
Tsumetashi: I see.
Mahou: Let’s hurry and get to Suteki soon.
~~~
Suzu: I hate ghosts.
Akira: Then let’s hurry out. I don’t want to stay here longer than I have to.
Suzu: Why not?
Akira: It is because some of these ghosts are actually real.
Suzu: You’re joking right?
Akira: No, it’s true. Mikomi told me about it. She read it in a book.
Suzu: Ah. You shouldn’t have told me. Mikomi-chan, why do you always read weird kind of books?
~~~
Mikomi: We got separated.
Satsuki: You’re the one who ran off.
Mikomi: So did the others.
Satsuki: However I am glad to have some time with you.
Mikomi: Why? Is there something you want to tell me?
Satsuki: There is… I have thought about it long and hard. I can’t deny my feelings anymore. I really can’t play pretend and it hurts me to see the situation now.
Mikomi: What do you mean by that?
Satsuki: What I mean is that …
~~~
The first pair out is Suteki and Ryu. Suteki came out screaming while Ryu is panting. Not too long after that are Akira and Suzu with Suzu hugging herself and Akira staring back at the exit. Mahou and Tsumetashi came out arguing. Tsumetashi stops when he saw Suteki and went straight to her side to ask about her well being and to apologise for not being with her. Mikomi came out quietly followed closely by Satsuki. Suzu went up to Satsuki while Mikomi walks silently to Akira.
Mahou: We are finally out.
Tsumetashi: I hope you didn’t feel too frightened.
Suteki: I’m fine now that we are out and you are here.
Tsumetashi: I’m glad.
Ryu: I didn’t think I would need to run in a haunted house. I feel so tired.
Mahou: Then you need more training. (laughs)
Ryu: It’s not funny. Your friend can really run when in fear. Tsumetashi I fear for your stamina.
Tsumetashi: I don’t need to run since she will be protected by me and cling to me.
Ryu: Right.
Suzu: Mikomi-chan, is it true?
Mikomi: Huh? What is?
Suzu: The fact that there are real ghosts in the haunted house?
Mikomi: Ah. It’s true. It’s all recorded down in the facts book on haunted houses.
Mahou: You’re joking. You mean I may have just interacted with some real ghosts?
Mikomi: I guess so.
Mahou: I hope I didn’t offend any of them.
Tsumetashi: Are you kidding me? You scolded some of them.
Mahou: Ah. I better go to the temple and ask for forgiveness.
Ryu: I’m impressed at your ability sometimes, Mahou.
Akira: (whispered to Mikomi) Are you okay? Did the ghosts do anything to you?
Mikomi: (shakes her head) No. I’m fine.
Akira: Really?
Mikomi: Yeah.
The rest of the day was spent doing other fun things like the ferris wheel, the tea-cup, the merry-go-round etc. Although Mikomi is feeling stressed about what Satsuki said in the haunted house, she put on her best fun smile so that the others do not feel worried about her. Satsuki grins in secret at how Mikomi is taking the stress of his words.