Thursday, October 16, 2008

Part twenty-six

Mikomi had called Satsuki up to the rooftop. Everyone else is at their respective club activities so Mikomi had the chance to call Satsuki out.

Satsuki: You are ready to answer me?

Mikomi: I respect you a lot Satsuki-sempai. I am thankful for many things that you have done for me including saving me from Takumi during summer last year. I also like you a lot but it will never exceed my love for Akira. Akira is the one for me and he will be my future.

Satsuki: You’re lying right? Deep down in your heart you know the real answer. You know you love me and not Akira.

Mikomi: You’re wrong.

Satsuki: The candle hasn’t gone out, has it, Mikomi? Your candle for me is still burning. Ever since last year’s summer, you have kept that candle burning.

Mikomi: There isn’t such a thing.

Satsuki: You can’t lie. I’ve notice it since the first day we met. There’s fire burning in your eyes every time we are near each other. It was as clear as the sun on the day I saved you. You won’t deny that, will you?

Mikomi: You are mistaken.

Satsuki: If it wasn’t for Akira and his Naomi problem we would be together now. If you didn’t help him at that time and ignite a flame in him, we would be together won’t we? You didn’t hold a candle for him then. He was simply the friend you help. You loved me then and you still love me now.

Mikomi: You’re wrong! I’ve always like Akira.

Satsuki: In that case why don’t we make a bet? If my kiss affects you, then you have to admit you love me. If it doesn’t then I will back away.

Mikomi: You can’t just go around kissing other people, you are with Suzu.

Satsuki: She will learn to understand it in time.

Mikomi: No! I do not want to ruin things for Suzu. She loves you too much for me to interfere.

Satsuki: Then you are admitting that you do love me?

Mikomi: No! I’m just worried about Suzu!

Satsuki: Love knows no boundary Mikomi. There will always be people who will get hurt.

Mikomi: I do not love you!

Satsuki: Liar! If you don’t then why are you crying?!

Mikomi: (just notices herself in tears) I’m not!

Satsuki: Stop lying to yourself Mikomi. Be free and come to me.

Mikomi: No! Akira is everything to me!

Mikomi runs off crying. Satsuki stood there and sigh.

Satsuki: Mikomi…

~~~

Mikomi went to find Akira after his kendo club activity ended. Mikomi hugs Akira. Akira is shocked but held Mikomi tight without understanding the situation.

Mikomi: Don’t ask. Just hold me tight for now.

Akira: Okay.

Satsuki saw the scene. He walks away with an angry expression.

Satsuki: Mikomi, why must you torture so many people? A lot of people are going to get hurt with your decision, Mikomi-chan.