Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Part Eight and Nine

I never knew that they are so worried about me. Do I really look that troubled? Inochi-nii always seems so cold towards me. Akano-nii has always been the one who attentively listens to me and the one who helps me out... But if I really think back, Inochi-nii has always been there. Although he doesn’t look like he was listening, he was always there next to Akano-nii while I spill my problems to Akano-nii. He was always there. Why haven’t I noticed it before? Guess Akano-nii took the spotlight. But it was my fault for letting that happened. And this past year, I was being unfair to Inochi-nii since I was always searching for Akano-nii to talk to when in fact I could have just shared my problems with Inochi-nii.

Mikomi: Inochi-nii, I’m sorry.

During dinner in the Shinjiru house-hold, it was pretty normal. Noisy yet not too noisy.

Syuichiro: Mikomi, is everything in school okay?

Mikomi: Everything is fine.

Syuichiro: Do you need help in anything? Do you need any extra money?

Mikomi: Not really but there is a school trip coming up.

Inochi: In second year high school? That is pretty rare. What’s the occasion?

Mikomi: The principal is leaving soon so he figured that a trip would be the best present he could give us for tolerating him all these years.

Inochi: Eh? Is that so? You’re lucky then.

Mikomi: Kind of, I guess.

Syuichiro: So you will be needing some extra money?

Mikomi: Well the place is not confirmed yet and we are not sure of how much of the trip will be sponsored so let’s wait a little longer. Once it has been settled, I will talk about it.

Yume: I will give you extra for some souvenirs.

Mikomi: Thanks mom.

Inochi: A trip huh. Sounds fun.


That night, Inochi got a shock when Mikomi said she wanted to talk to Inochi. They sat on the bed leaning against the head board next to each other.

Inochi: So what do you want to talk about?

Mikomi: I’m sorry, Inochi-nii.

Inochi: Sorry? Whatever for?

Mikomi: For not being a good little sister to you. I’m always causing you trouble.

Inochi: That is not true. Who said that? You are my sister and I’m your brother. If you ever need help, I’m here for you. I have always been.

Mikomi: Inochi-nii, I have always thought of you as a great brother. And I still think that you are.

Inochi: (shocked) Really?

Mikomi: Yeah. That’s why I am willing to try to share my problems with you.

Inochi: Mi-chan.

Mikomi: But I don’t want it to be one sided only.

Inochi: Meaning?

Mikomi: You also have to try to share your problems with me. It would only be fair.

Inochi: (smiles) I guess… Okay. Let’s give it a try.

Mikomi: Thanks Inochi-nii.