Date: 10th November 2007 (Sat)
Tsumetashi, Suteki and Mikomi have been walking around for hours finding the correct shop for the wedding gown and suit, buffet orders, flowers, decorations, etc. Now they are down to only finding the best baker to bake their wedding cake. They want the best cake to share with everyone at the reception.
Mikomi stop to stare at a particular shop causing the other two to stop and stare too.
Suteki: What’s wrong Mi-chan?
Mikomi: That shop seems familiar. Let’s go in and take a look.
Suteki: Sure.
The moment Mikomi enters she feels a nostalgic sensation. The owner came out of the kitchen at that moment and smiles when he sees Mikomi.
Owner: You have grown up, Mi-chan.
Mikomi: Eh? Do you know who I am?
Owner: Shinjiru family, am I right? Your late parents came here often. They even used my cake for their wedding. Don’t you remember?
Mikomi: It does feels like I have been here many times before.
Owner: You did when you were in junior high. After you got into high school and this isn’t on your route home you don’t come here any more.
Mikomi: ごめなさい。
Owner: No worries. It must have been tough after your parents died.
Mikomi: We are coping well. Thanks.
Owner: That’s good to hear. And so how can I help you? You have not even introduced your friends.
Mikomi: Ah. I’m sorry. These are my friends from high school, Suteki Hana and Tsumetashi Yuki.
Suteki & Tsumetashi: How are you?
Owner: I’m fine. Thanks. Here to get anything?
Suteki: Actually we are looking for a baker to bake us our wedding cake.
Owner: That is so nice. The two of you are getting married. When will it be?
Suteki: In five months, some time in April next year.
Owner: That’s soon. Would you like some sample? (gets a tray and puts different cakes on it)
Suteki: Yes, please.
Owner: I usually create a new flavour for wedding cakes since it’s just my thing. My grand-daughter helps me out. She plans to take over this shop. Her flavours are nice too. But she is out at the moment to get new ingredients.
Mikomi: Mimi-chan?
Owner: Ah. You still remember her? (places the tray of sample on the counter)
Mikomi: A little.
Owner: Both of you love eating my cakes. That’s why she is taking over. She loves to see people eat her cakes and smile happily just like you do.
Mikomi: I see.
Owner: Well have a taste, don’t be shy.
Suteki & Tsumetashi: Thank you.
Mikomi: Thanks.
The three of them have a bite and they all smile happily.
Suteki: This is so delicious.
Mikomi: I miss this taste. (tears in her eyes)
Owner: Thank you.
With that the baker was selected. After a tiring day, they all went home happy. Mikomi bought a few cakes to be shared at home and her two sibling cried saying that it’s the same taste as the ones their parents used to buy for them. With that Mikomi decided to stop by the cake shop every once in a while.