Sunday, April 05, 2009

2 Movies & 2 Dramas Added to list

Well I have been wanting to watch Suspect X for a while (actually since beginning of March) and I finally did watch it. Other than that I watched Detroit Metal City the movie too. It came out in theaters not too long ago. Reason for watching it is obviously because of Kenichi. Hee hee.

As for dramas, I finally finished the Boys Over Flowers series and Voice. So let's go to my thoughts about these four titles (although I know you don't really want to).

Detroit Metal City : It's really about this guy who wants to be a country musician and all but ends up in a metal music band DMC. And so the poor guy is torn between his two different identity. One day he met his old love and realized his passion is still with country type music.

Then he got a chance to perform in front of a famous critic but he got turn down. At that moment he felt so sad and coincidentally his manager is trying to make him love metal music and broke into his house destroying everything.

Surprise surprise the love of his life decided to come visit him at that moment and saw the most disturbing scene (like in all love shows and we all know what happens next). However somehow he managed to lie to her after that. They then met a junior who is rising in the music industry and somehow that junior told him about how he respect him.

He then went home to his home town heart broken after a certain incident and there he realized what he is supposed to be doing. Then he totally became a true metal rock star. And the girl recognize him as the vocalist of DMC and went up to him but true to DMC, he did something embarrassing to her.

Overall it's a nice movie although I can do without all the metal music (not a fan of those kind of musics). The plot was pretty simple and all but I guess for a manga turned movie, there is always something missing and maybe due to the constraints, they have to cut a lot of things so it looked plain. Well at least Kenichi's acting was worth watching. ^_^

Suspect X : It's about this guy who is obsessed with MATHS especially the 4 colours theorem (don't ask me what that is cause I really don't know although I am a Maths major graduate). He somehow became a wash-up maths teacher in a high school. He live next to a widow and daughter who runs a bento shop.

Her ex-husband came finding her and demands money. However he ends up being killed by them. With the maths expert help, he covered the murder and try to lead the police away from the lady. Worse thing to happen is his friend, the Galileo prof is involved in the case and he found out what happened.

The maths expert then sacrifice himself as a cover-up to help the family. In the end with the truth being known, no one is trully happy just like what the maths expert told Galileo prof if he was to tell the truth. And so the movie ends on a sad note.

Really touching. It really shows how a simple gesture can mean a world to a person and how love can make you do things that you would normally wouldn't. People who are part of your life is really someone who you can depend on and who are worth more than anything else in the world. I kinda love this kinda movies. Worth my time watching and I didn't even mind the tears I shed.

Voice : 11 episodes in all. It's about this group of 5 medical students. They got into forensic studies and there they learn about the last voice of the dead. Learning to listen to the stories of the one who died and conveying the message to the ones left behind.

This drama is full of heart wrenching moments. I can't stop myself from tearing every episode I watch. It's all about human nature and love and all that life has got to offer.

It's a drama that really touches the human heart. Life is not over when a person dies. The dead doesn't leave without leaving a final message. And that message is up to the forensics to find and convey to the family. No matter whether the message is a good one or a bad one, the message will be found and convey.

Boys Over Flowers (Korean) : 25 episodes in all. Like the other versions, it tries its best to keep to the original script. However being Korean, they have their own style.

JanDi is the main girl and she is a daughter of a cleaners. She then somehow manage to cause a stir with Shinwa (the biggest company in Korea) and to shut things up she got a scholarship to study in Shinwa High. There she met the F4 and the rest goes.

JiHoo is the guy she meets at a stairway and the first guy she likes. But as you know hero of the show is JoPyo. And so the love affair between them starts.

JanDi is shown to be much weaker compared to the other versions. Maybe that's a korean trademark. Hee hee. Anyway with the changes it was at least watchable since it's not just a copy. So it's worth the whole 26 episodes.