Now for the story...
Scene : Hospital Room
Date:
Mikomi: It’s time to talk.
Ryu: Mahou is at work.
Mikomi: It’s not her I want to talk to and you know that.
Ryu: Took you a while to get back to me.
Mikomi: It’s because it took me a while to get at least a temporary solution to your situation.
Ryu: Meaning?
Mikomi: The team has accepted my terms.
Ryu: You went to talk to them?
Mikomi: Someone had to. Anyway you are still in the team after the rehabilitation. However you need to put aside any sense of pride and start over again. Since you are injured after all.
Ryu: Start over?
Mikomi: It means that you have no authority to say no. You will be training with the juniors and will be allowed to join them in national matches. However if you show dislike or any form of rebelling, you will be kicked out instantly. And knowing you that part is fine. The second part will be harsh on you.
Ryu: Which is?
Mikomi: Although the coach will be there on your side to prevent any bullying, you will be assigned as their team helper. You know what that means right?
Ryu: Yeah I do. But why must I be doing all those things? Won’t I get injured that way?
Mikomi: I talked to your doctor too. He said those things are fine as long as it’s not over exerted. Coach will monitor that part. The doctor also said that those simple things, those everyday things will be your rehabilitation practices since you won’t be coming to the hospital after that except for monthly checks.
Ryu: Is that all? I mean I will be in the junior team.
Mikomi: It’s only temporary. If you can battle it out for 6 months, the coach will put you back in the main team. And this is also only if he feels your performance is good enough.
Ryu: If it isn’t?
Mikomi: Then you will be kicked out.
Ryu: Then what’s the use…
Mikomi: Are you giving up without even trying? After all the trouble I went through, you want to give up before even trying?
Ryu: But it’s useless…
Mikomi: You’re worst than I thought. Fine, if you do not want this offer that a lot of people would die for then I will go back to the coach and tell him. (turns to leave)
Ryu: Wait. I really do not know what to do.
Mikomi: (faces Ryu) Go for it. There is nothing to lose now that we are here. If things are not meant to be then we will know 6 months from now. However I do not accept you giving up. Once you are in again, you will give it your best just like those days back when you first entered. You will work your way up and in 6 months, coach will see your worth and take you back in. I’m sure of it. You just need to hang on. What do you say? Shall we go for it?
Ryu: I am so glad to have you by my side at this moment. I really am.
Mikomi: (smiles) That’s what a sister does.
Ryu: Shall we tell Mahou?
Mikomi: I told her that you will tell her everything from the first injury to this news.
Ryu: Mikomi. Thank you.
Mikomi: You can thank me with a good meal after you get back into the national main team.
Ryu: You better write that somewhere and have me sign it in case I forget.
Mikomi: Sure.