Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Soccer Dream Part Five

I still feel sick. This is really bad. In fact the whole house is filled with sickness. Wonder how long this will carry on. Ah... Really want to be free of this sickness. I hate it when my voice is not my original voice and I hate it when I feel like vomiting every time I cough. And I totally hate it when my head hurts so badly.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Anyway here's part five of Soccer Dream.



Mikomi came down alone the next weekend. Ryu is apparently not in his room so Mikomi asked around and was told that he is having his rehabilitation. Mikomi then made a call to Mahou and found that she is doing some overtime at work. And with that Mikomi went to see Ryu even though he is having his rehabilitation. At first Mikomi just simply watch him from a window but after a while Mikomi can’t stand watching him without saying anything to him. And so she stormed into the room shocking not only Ryu but the staff there.


Mikomi: I’m sorry for barging in but I simply can’t stand my friend here.


Staff: I’ll leave you two alone. It’s over for today Takeshi-san. See you tomorrow.


Ryu: Thank you.


Ryu walk out off the room and Mikomi joins him. They walk all the way to the park outside the hospital and sat on the bench before starting any conversation.


Ryu: What’s the big idea storming in like that?


Mikomi: I’m sorry but you are simply not into the practice. It’s painful to see you like that.


Ryu: Well rehabilitation is not easy.


Mikomi: No one said it was. However if you run away then you will never be better.


Ryu: It takes too much strength and too much time. I will never be able to get back to soccer.


Mikomi: If you think that way then it will be that way.


Ryu: What do you know anyway?


Mikomi: I know that you are not the type to actually give up. Soccer is your dream. It has always been with you since you were in elementary school. Your biggest dream is to one day lead your own soccer team, isn’t that right?


Ryu: I love soccer more than anything.


Mikomi: If that is so, then why are you slumped? If you just continue you know that you will one day be able to achieve your dream. “No matter how long it takes, I will realize my dream”. Isn’t that what you told me? Wasn’t that your famous line?


Ryu: But that’s before my injury. The coach told me to stop but I continued and now I am here.


Mikomi: You mean you got injured even before that incident?


Ryu: I’m sorry I didn’t say anything about it before and I even told the doctors not to tell anyone.


Mikomi: Not even Mahou?


Ryu: I didn’t want her to worry.


Mikomi: Not telling her and acting all weird in front of her is not going to be any better. She is worried enough. She cares for you. She loves you.


Ryu: I know that. I know that better than anyone else and that is why I don’t want to cause her trouble.


Mikomi: What do you mean?


Ryu: I was kicked out of the team.


Mikomi: That wasn’t announced.


Ryu: Why would they? It will only tarnish the reputation of the team. I was told to go through with the rehabilitation and find something else to do after it ends.


Mikomi: The team is paying for your rehabilitation right? If so, why would they kick you out? I mean, they spend money on you so they must have thought that you would be able to come back right?


Ryu: It’s their form of thanks for my hard work these past years.


Mikomi: You got to be kidding me.


Ryu: That is why I do not want Mahou to worry about my future. Knowing her, she would most probably go to the team and beg for me to come back after my rehabilitation.


Mikomi: That is typical of her. But don’t tell me you are willing to stop playing soccer altogether?


Ryu: Do I look like I have any choice?


Mikomi: The national team isn’t the only team available.


Ryu: You know as well as other people what it means to quit a national team.


Mikomi: Ok so there is some prejudice and stuff over a former national player playing elsewhere but I feel that you shouldn’t give up your dream just because they pull you out of the team. It is totally not right.


Ryu notices Mahou in a distance and told Mikomi not to say anything to her. Mikomi couldn’t stop herself from agreeing after Ryu gave her the puppy dog eyes. However she still fells bothered by it.


Mikomi: Once we settle this problem we will tell her, agreed?


Ryu: Agreed.


Mahou: Sorry I couldn’t come earlier.


Ryu: It’s okay. I was having my rehabilitation anyway. How’s work?


Mahou: Fine. Just fine. (smiles) What have the two of you been talking about?


Ryu: Nothing much. Just about soccer.


Mahou: Oh. That’s nice.


Mikomi: I have been here long enough so I guess I will be making my move.


Mahou: Eh? Why don’t you stay a little longer and chat with me?


Mikomi: Wish to but I can’t.


Mahou: Ah. You have a date right.


Mikomi: (smiles) Kind of. Be seeing you guys.


Ryu: Thanks for coming.


Mikomi: We will chat again the next time.