As Mikomi exits the restaurant, she bumps into a familiar face. They both smile to each other. Without saying anything, the both of them walk together towards a park. They sat on a bench. People around them are busy with their own activities. The two of them simply look like a couple among the many people in the park. After a long silence, Mikomi speaks up.
Mikomi: It’s been a while.
Akira: It has. Have you been well?
Mikomi: Yes. And you?
Akira: I’m close to attaining my dream.
Mikomi: That’s wonderful news.
Akira: After I attain my dream, will I be able to get back something I left behind?
Mikomi: I never thought of it as being left behind. It was simply waiting.
Mikomi pushed back her hair behind her ear thus revealing a black rose ear stud. Akira saw it and instantly his left hand is feeling it.
Akira: Mikomi.
Mikomi: Ever since that Christmas night, I have never once forgotten about you or your promise.
Flashback
Scene: Outside Yuki’s house
Date: 25th Dec 2005
Akira and Mikomi are sharing a hug after giving each other their Christmas present.
Akira: Mikomi. I’m sorry.
Mikomi: (shakes her head) I understand your situation.
Akira: I promise to come back for you.
Mikomi: I will be waiting.
End of Flashback
Akira: I have not forgotten about you either.
Akira took out something chain-like from under his shirt. At the end, there is a small plastic clear casing pendant. And in that case there is a black rose ear stud. Mikomi brought her hand towards it and Akira opens the case and place the ear stud in Mikomi’s hand.
Mikomi: (smiles sweetly to Akira but it changes to a sad smile in a short while) Akira, will we really be able to be together? Even after attaining our dreams, will we really be able to be together?
Akira: Are you still worried about what happened two years ago?
Mikomi: Isn’t he still there?
Akira said nothing but held Mikomi tightly in his arm.