Scene: Shinjiru’s home
Date: 13th Jan 2008 (Sun)
Mari-chan: Thanks for inviting me to your apartment. It looks so clean.
Mikomi: It’s just a small apartment I share with my younger siblings. It’s just a normal apartment.
Mari-chan: You worked hard for those two. It’s amazing. I feel that you are the best sister ever.
Mikomi: Thank you, Mari-chan.
Mari-chan: Well since your family is now stable, it’s time to move on. You met Akira and both of you still feel the same towards each other.
Mikomi: Tell me everything that you know about the past two years after me and Akira separated.
Mari-chan: Sure.
Mari is at the Host Club where Akira is working at. There her host is Takumi.
Mari-chan: Eh? They really broke up?
Takumi: That’s what Akira said when I asked him why he isn’t meeting Mi-chan any more. He spends his day off at home. That guy is saving up to open his own shop.
Mari-chan: How long has it been?
Takumi: It was in early Nov.
Mari-chan: It’s been a month. Mi-chan didn’t tell me anything about it.
Takumi: Girls usually take it hard. I bet she is still crying over it and is still thinking that it hasn’t really ended. Maybe you should meet her.
Mari-chan: Maybe I should. How about Akira? How is he feeling?
Takumi: That guy is trying to act strong but I know deep down he is hurting badly. But don’t you worry. I will take care of him. He’s a guy whom I really do not want ‘Father’ to control anymore.
Mari-chan: Becareful Takumi. ‘Father’ seems like a strong person.
Takumi: I am not a delinquent for nothing.
Takumi: You have been looking at that musical box for the longest time. If you want to give it to her, then do it. If not you will regret it.
Akira: But we promised not to meet anymore till we achieve our dreams.
Takumi: It’s Christmas. It’s a special day.
Akira: But we have work.
Takumi: If it’s for a while I can cover for you. I just do not want you to regret not giving it to her.
Akira: Thanks Takumi-kun.
Mari-chan: Is it really over?
Mikomi: It seems that way. The last time we met was on Christmas. I don’t think he will visit me today.
Mari-chan: Not even if it’s New Year’s Day?
Mikomi: It’s over, Mari-chan. He will not see me again.
Mari-chan: Then the promise that you mentioned?
Mikomi touches her black rose stud on her right ear. Mari hugs Mikomi in an effort to comfort her.
Mari-chan: Believe in him. Believe in the promise. I’m sure the day the two of you will be together will surely come.
Mikomi: Thank you, Mari.
Takumi: What’s your plan from now on?
Akira: Is the rumour true? The one about being able to break away from ‘Father’?
Takumi: It’s true but I assure you that you really need to go through a lot before it can ever take place.
Akira: (sadly) I just do not want ‘Father’ to control my life any more. And I do not want Mikomi to have any more problems coming from him.
Takumi: I’ll help you.
Akira: (perks up) Really?
Takumi: I need to get away from him too.
Flashback
Mikomi is walking to meet Akira when a group of guys came and surround her. They were about to grab her when Takumi came and bashed them up.
Takumi: Are you okay?
Mikomi: Yes. Thank you.
Takumi: (grabbing Mikomi’s wrist) Come on. It’s not safe here.
Mikomi: (Protest) But…
Takumi: If it’s about Akira, I will call him. Come on let’s go.
End of Flashback
Flashback
‘Father’: You will do as I say.
Akira: And if don’t?
‘Father’: You wouldn’t want to see Mi-chan hurt, would you?
Akira: You wouldn’t.
‘Father’: I will definitely will if you don’t break up with her and do your job. A host doesn’t need a girlfriend. All he needs are girls who will give them money to spend. And remember, once you have joined the family, there’s no option to leave.
Akira: I understand.
End of Flashback