Tuesday, September 15, 2009

(Story Four) I'll serve only you - Part 4

Scene: Host Club

Date: 3rd Oct 2004 (Sun)


Karin: Mi-chan, you do not have to worry about the payments tonight. It will be on me and Yurin.


Yurin: That’s right. Just enjoy yourself.


Mikomi: Thank you, Karin-san, Yurin-san.


Karin: Hiro-kun, don’t you have some rookies to help cheer Mi-chan up?


Hiro who is sitting next to Karin and been making drinks suddenly look up at Karin.


Hiro: (thinks) I think there is someone who just entered. I can’t remember his name though. What’s his name again, Nick? (turns to the guy sitting next to Yurin)


Nick: (stood up) I’ll go and get him. He should be behind in the kitchen.


Hiro: Thank you, Nick. So Mi-chan is a university student?


Karin: Yes. She may not be the best student there but she is the best sister we know. She treats her siblings with a lot of love.


Yurin: Since she gave out a lot of her love, we should replenish it with our love. (hugs Mikomi)


Mikomi: Yurin-san.


Nick came back with a guy. The new guy bows and sat in front of Mikomi since she’s in the middle of the five people sitting on the long couch. The new guy quickly got to work mixing the drinks with ice and hands it to Mikomi.


Nick: (whispers to Yurin) Don’t you think we should move to another table?


Yurin: (looks at Mikomi) I do not want to leave Mi-chan alone.


Nick: She’s not alone, is she? (points to the other three at the table)


Yurin: I guess. (turns to Mikomi) Mi-chan, is it ok to leave you for a while?


Mikomi: Of course. Please don’t worry about me.


Yurin: I will be back in a while.


Mikomi: Ok.


Yurin and Nick left the table causing Karin to frown.


Karin: Where is she going?


Mikomi stops Karin from calling out to Yurin. Karin looks at Mikomi.


Mikomi: It’s ok. She will be gone only for a while.


Karin: But still, we came here together.


Mikomi: It’s ok.


Karin: Ok. (turns to the new guy) You are awfully quiet. What’s your name?


New guy: It’s Akira. I just joined the club a few days ago.


Hiro: Ah… No wonder you seem so unsure of yourself.


Karin: What do you mean?


Hiro: No one below one month sits with a client. This guy here has no experience and has no right to be here. He should be back at the kitchen.


Akira: I’m sorry, Hiro-san.


Hiro: It’s ok. Since Nick pulled you here, we will take the responsibility. With me as the number one, I have quite the privilege to take a junior under my wing. So relax and take in the experience, Akira-kun.


Akira: Thank you so much, Hiro-san. I will do my best as your understudy.


Soon enough, Akira opened up to Mikomi and Mikomi is talking freely to Akira. At the end of the visit while Karin and Yurin are settling their bills for the day, Mikomi and Akira exchanged numbers and emails.


That was the first time Akira and Mikomi met but it left quite an impression on both of them. They even agreed to meet again and this time it’s for their very first date.